Wednesday, December 19, 2007

6 days until christmas ....

ok ... let's just start the count down ... six days ....
if tomorrow was christmas eve, i'd be ok ... not that my gifts are wrapped or any of the other tasks on my long (imaginary) list are finished ... but i'd be ok .... 
today was all over the place ... fun and frivolous and busy and exhausting and .....
 
i went to a party this morning ... a brunch with my women's group at church ... that was the best part of the day .... great food and a gift exhchange .... 

then i did some shopping with my pal, ashley... my car was (is!) in the shop .... so instead of going home after the party, we went to some cute shops ... did i need to buy anything? no, not really... it was a bit of a joy ride... but that's ok ... isn't that what the season is all about? .... 

then, the interesting bit of the day: fedex delivered, not one, but two boxes .... i was expecting one .... my christmas cards arrived ...hooray! i opened the box and what is in the box?
 .... 100 adorable christmas cards .... wait for it .... 100 adorable christmas cards with the spillers on them .... the spillers? you ask ... who are they ... well ... a cute family with two boys.... witt is in a spanish immersion program and plays baseball ... the dad coaches.... and beckham plays the glockenspiel and soccer .... really! ..... 
my first thought was ...OH! the poor spillers .... which quickly turned into a POOR me ..... until i opened that other fedex box and there were my cards with my non glockenspiel playing children ..... whew!  i called kodak and they said just throw them away!!! they'll reprint and resend faster than it can get sorted out from here .... so what do i do with 100 spiller cards ... it just seems too wasteful to toss them ... but i don't know their address .... sigh .... the funny thing is that kodak gave me a good samaritan credit for TRYING to help ..... groovy, huh? 

and lastly, all that talk of procrastination yesterday? i finally buckled down and wrote my christmas letter ... my pal ashley told me that her daughter checks the mail EVERY day for my letter .... ack .... and has dibs on opening it and reading it first ... big pressure!! 
so i wrote it .... and andy came home from his trip exhausted and still proof read it for me .... so we're set .... we'll see how long it takes me to get all the envelopes done now!! 
so, are you doing the peace on earth thing? or dashing about frantically .... happy day!! 

No comments: